Thursday, October 4, 2012

Vloggers

Sometimes I think I want to start a vlog. I have a friend that makes videos.

I imagine most of my life is spent on the internet and some portion of that time is spent on youtube. I dont know how many people know about charlieissocoollike but he has a really interesting point of view on how he believes vlogging should be done. He doesn't post videos very often but when he does they are always perfection. Charlie sticks to a nice and concise video with one set goal or achievement in mind. If he has unplanned, unscripted ideas for the video, he either makes a new video or replans the original video entirely. He is consistently well organized and he is always prepared for the task at hand. Something Charlie has realized which is something I dont see in many vloggers is that there is not a time limit for how long you can spend making a 3-5 minute video. I really respect the fact that he is not lazy with what he does and he never puts out a product that is unsatisfactory, not only to himself but to his viewers as well.
Another youtuber that I follow is grav3yardgirl. I really enjoy her videos even though they run longer than those put out by Charlie. I call her video style the Rambler. This may sound bad but when done right it turns out really compelling. Essentially she keeps her videos interesting by cutting out overly off topic content but keeping the video filled with a sense of conversation and 'real people' interaction. I think this method only really works when you have a specific selling point that keeps the viewer intrigued such as an interesting sense of style like that of Bunny/Grav3yardgirl.
When Rambling goes wrong, meaning that nothing is cut or it seems as though nothing is cut, it turns into the style or appearance of a Lazy Vlogger.

The lazy vloggers, as far as I can tell, follow a particular method when vlogging. I call it the
One Fell Swoop method. This essentially means that they either do it all at once or not at all. They often have parts of their video that is them talking to themselves or saying something that is not video relevant. This method doesn't include much in the way of planning ahead and little to no use of re-filming.

I dont usually put up with lazy vloggers because, since I watch Charlie and Bunny, I know vloggers and bloggers alike have no real reason not to take their time with the product they hope to put out. The wonderful thing about computers is that you can save something and pick it up later. This allows for the time and care to be put into the product they are creating.
As much as I envy those who are good/successful at vlogging, I know that for me personally it is easier to get my thoughts across in written form. This is the reason I chose blogging versus vlogging.

Go check out the channels I listed, they are quality.
Thanks for Reading. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment