Friday, October 19, 2012

Lost and Found

Reuniting with people is hard. 
A couple of years ago I reunited with this guy I knew in grade school. I knew him when I still lived in St. Louis, Missouri and I have since moved to California. 
The funny thing about not talking to someone for 5 years when you're still a kid is that nothing is the same when you find each other again.
I met him in 2nd grade and I left town immediately after 5th grade. I didn't talk to him again until grade 10. By this point we no longer had baby faces and we could only sort of make out who we used to be.
The reason I'm bringing up this topic is because I just recently started working at Starbucks and I realized I went to sixth grade with one of my coworkers. Its funny because we only really knew each other in the summer preceding sixth grade. I dont think he remembers me but I remember him.

Summer before sixth grade we were at a summer camp and it was like one of the last weeks of camp. We were on the bus either going to Water World or Great America, and I was sitting in the seat behind him with my friend. 
My friend said; "hey Steve, you like Hannah, right?"
and he replied; "I guess"
She then asked; "Hannah, Do you like Steve?"
and I said; "I guess"
So she said something like; "Okay, now you're together."

Our "Relationship" lasted 1 day. A great feat I think for two almost 6th graders.

Having been in a good relationship since then I have determined a few things about Steve and I.
1.) We weren't very good at communicating
2.) There was no respect either way
3.) Our relationship was doomed from the start

Anyway, Reuniting with people is hard, partly because I'm socially awkward but mostly because the people you are reuniting with are never the people you knew before.

A Lot can change in 5-7 years.

Keep it groovy,
Hannah 





No comments:

Post a Comment